Tuesday, March 28, 2006

All in a day's work...



And so what do the kids do all day, you ask?
...well, some of them get up at the crack of dawn and dress themselves and then take it upon themselves to wake up all the sisters & brother

...and sometimes they sit quietly and "read" to their dollies



...most mornings are spent quietly (and sometimes not-so-quietly) doing school and reading
...sometimes together and sometimes alone



...and sometimes in odd places, like perched on the arm of the couch, or on their bed, or any other place that they find comfortable









...sometimes they play "tea-party" in the afternoon with their younger sisters - complete with fancy little dishes and place-cards, and folded-up napkins, and lots of sugary snacks & tea, of course ---(and they fend off their brother who thinks it's the perfect time to harass the sisters)


...they make "pop-up villages" out of paper and lots of tape and lots of glue and then they label all the streets and pop-up buildings

..the boy might decide to take out his woodburning kit and create a 'masterpiece' at the dining room table

...or make a little plaque for his dad with the word D A D burned into the wood and then place it on the top of his dad's dresser as a surprise
...or it could be any number of things that the kids may find of interest on that particular day
(Being the perfectionist that I am, I'm very disappointed in how the above layout turned out. I just spent the last hour uploading pictures and trying to figure out a decent layout...and I hate it...but I'll be danged if I'll sit here for another hour to re-do it all. So, yes, it looks like crap...but it's just gonna have to stay this way...)

No comments: