Monday, June 26, 2006

A good deal

We’ve been asked many times by curious people how we manage to clothe & feed our large family on one income. Well, it’s not easy…it’s never been easy and we have struggled mightily. As far as clothing goes I always shop the clearance racks. It’s always been very important to me that our kids are dressed nicely…but the truth is I never, ever pay full price for clothing items! Besides shopping the clearance racks, I often buy clothing a year in advance at those great ‘end-of-the-season’ sales, getting in on some super-duper sales…most of the time paying only a few dollars for a piece of clothing. At the beginning of a new season, as we began switching around our seasonal clothing, I often pull out several outfits for the kids, all brand-new, that I had bought the season before…none of which had been priced over 2.00-3.00 dollars a piece.

Here is a recent photo of some of the girls in their “goin’ to church dresses”…everything you see was purchased from clearance racks, plus there was an extra 50% off the clearance price…making these dresses & skirts an unbelievably good deal. (The original price on a few of these dresses had been over $50.00 per dress…but we were able to buy each of the dresses between $5.00 & $10.00 per dress. Not too shabby of a deal…)

No comments: