(It turned out the “spiders” were really just tiny sugar ants…and there were about five of them!)
*********
Emma: “Mommy, can I please have a diamond?”
Me: “A diamond?”
Emma: “Yes, a diamond. And a big one.”
I continued looking at her with a baffled look on my face (a diamond…a BIG diamond…huh?) and then she reached toward the table where she picked up a dime and a nickel.
Me: “A diamond?”
Emma: “Yes, a diamond. And a big one.”
I continued looking at her with a baffled look on my face (a diamond…a BIG diamond…huh?) and then she reached toward the table where she picked up a dime and a nickel.
(Obviously, she was slightly confused…she called the dime a “diamond” and the bigger coin, “a big one”!) I’m so relieved she wasn’t expecting something more expensive...
*********
“Mom, he’s swearing in sign-language…”
“Nuh-huh, I am not!”
“But, isn’t ‘shut-up’ swearing?”
(Yes, he was signing “shut-up” over and over to a very verbal sister who was sitting next to him…the same sensitive sister who insists that the word “shut-up” is a swear word, even after being told hundreds of times that it is, in fact, NOT a swear word, just not a very nice word!)
“Nuh-huh, I am not!”
“But, isn’t ‘shut-up’ swearing?”
(Yes, he was signing “shut-up” over and over to a very verbal sister who was sitting next to him…the same sensitive sister who insists that the word “shut-up” is a swear word, even after being told hundreds of times that it is, in fact, NOT a swear word, just not a very nice word!)
No comments:
Post a Comment