Friday, March 10, 2006

Emma - who always has a plan for everything

As Emma was eating her lunch of spaghetti and using a spoon to slurp up the sauce, she paused a second, smacked her lips and said, "Mmmmm...Rum punch!"
*****
Wayne called me from work one recent afternoon and asked me if I wanted to go somewhere with him that evening. Emma overheard parts of the conversation and this is the conversation that took place with her afterwards:
Emma: "But, mom, can I go with?"
Mom: "No...it's a mommy & daddy date"
Emma: "But mom...it can be a kid date, too. Yeah...I can go with, too!" She was getting excited about her idea and trying her hardest to convince me her plan was a great idea as she excitedly said, "Kids can go! It's not just a boy & girl date! It can be a kid date, too!" (and she happily skipped away, thoroughly convinced that she would be included in our date, too)

No comments: